Creating Spreadsheets for SROI Modelling Masterclass
When nef undertakes SROI analyses, we use spreadsheets to hold outcomes data, assumptions and proxies, and translate these numbers into meaningful indicators of social change and value for money assessments. As these spreadsheets have grown increasingly complex, we’ve learned various tricks and protocols. This Masterclass seeks to share this knowledge with those undertaking their own process of extracting “the story behind the numbers”.
Building on the simplified model introduced in the 2-day SROI training, the Masterclass provides participants with guidance on how to model more complex scenarios. The teaching style is interactive, with instruction to using approaches and building hands-on practical skills. Laptops will be available for use of participants.
The course will look at how your SROI model can incorporate distance travelled outcomes data, address benefit periods of outcomes occurring with differential duration. Staying grounded in reality, we will show how a socio-economic model can be built to reflect divergent theories of change among beneficiary groups for an intervention. Refining measures of impact (deadweight, attribution and displacement) will also be addressed.
The course assumes a working knowledge of SROI and will cover:
- Best practice tips for clear and transparent model architecture
- Shortcuts and formulae for efficient use of Microsoft Excel
- Advanced practice statistical techniques for capturing complex change in social outcomes
- Assigning values to distance-travelled indicators
- Integrating negative deadweight and negative outcomes data into models
- Constructing a data dashboard for communication of results.
Next date to be announced soon
nef offices, 3 Jonathan Street, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5NH