"I just want to say what a fantastic course, it was challenging, but very informative. For me, as a non financial type thinking person your teaching method was easy to understand and get to grips with."
Mary Ormston, Cestria Community Housing Association LTD
nef and nef fellows are the experts who originally developed the SROI (Social Return on Investment) methodology in the UK. nef consulting offers a wide range of SROI products, including a 2-day SROI training course and SROI Masterclasses.
Since we first started delivering SROI training in 2009 we have received 100% positive feedback. In 2012, 41% of participants rated our two day SROI training course as “Excellent”, while 52% stated the course was “Very Good” and the remaining 7% thought it was “Good”.
Our next SROI Training Course is in London, May 21-22
About the course
- nef consulting’s SROI training is facilitated by two SROI practitioners, and counts towards accreditation as an SROI-network assured practitioner
- It covers all of the methodology and practice needed to carry out an SROI analysis. It combines a thorough understanding of the theoretical policy background to SROI and its long-term benefits, with a step by step guide to the SROI methodology backed up by a range of practical group exercises.
- It is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to utilise SROI and its findings, and to undertake SROI analyses for themselves.
- It draws on the extensive SROI experience of a large team of SROI practitioners based at nef, and incorporates learnings from nef's Centre for Well-being and Sustainable Commissioning work. nef also co-wrote the Cabinet Office Guide to SROI.
- We offer a series of follow-up SROI Masterclasses to build the skills of practitioners
- All attendees are offered half an hour's free post-training telephone consultancy to guide them though their first SROI analysis
- Larger, reduced rate consultancy packages are also exclusively available to attendees
Our upcoming training sessions are below. All sessions run from 9.30 to 17.00.
London - 21-22 May 2013
London - 25-26 June 2013
Manchester - 16-17 July 2013
London - 20-21 August 2013
London - 24-25 September 2013
London - 15-16 October 2013
Manchester - 12-13 November 2013
London - 3-4 December 2013
London - Next date to be announced soon - Theory of Change
London -Next date to be announced soon Measuring Outcomes
London - Next date to be announced soon - Valuation and Proxies
London - Next date to be announced soon - Creating Spreadsheets for SROI Modelling
We also run bespoke training courses outside of London and Manchester. If you would be interested in these, then please get in touch.
If you would like to be added to nef consulting’s SROI email bulletin, then please email SROItraining@neweconomics.org
“Really useful, well-paced, informative and engaging.”
David Ford, Canterbury City Council
“Very good pre- info, training materials, trainer and pace”.
Hayley Doswell, West Mercia Bespoke training
“Good discussions helped by friendly and knowledgeable trainers.”
Caroline Hicks, Canterbury City Council January 2013
"Excellent- Really stimulating- very much enjoyed linking wellbeing to a practical evaluation process." John Leah, Institute of Health and Society, University of Worcester
“Excellent. The training was really informative... I am really excited about being able to start an SROI analysis. Thank you for delivering such an interesting and informative course.”
Carol Salt, C.A. Salt Consultancy
“Interesting topic, delivered in an engaging, accessible way.” Clare Cummings, Centre for Local Economic Strategy (CLES),