NEF developed the SROI (Social Return on Investment) methodology in the UK and now NEF Consulting offers a wide range of SROI products, including a 2-day SROI training course and SROI Masterclasses.
Since we first started delivering SROI training in 2009 we have received excellent feedback. In June 2013, 100% of participants said they would recommend the course. 83% of 2014 participants said that, following our course, they felt confident to undertake an SROI analysis.
“The pace of the training was perfect.”
Sola Afolayan, Adam Smith International, April 2015
See our terms and conditions
About the course
- NEF Consulting’s SROI training is facilitated by SROI practitioners, and counts towards accreditation as an assured practitioner.
- It covers all the methodology and practice needed to carry out an SROI analysis. It combines a thorough understanding of the theoretical policy background to SROI and its long-term benefits, with a step-by-step guide to the SROI methodology backed up by a range of practical group exercises.
- This is the only accredited course that incorporates building an SROI model on a spread sheet rather than as a paper and pen based exercise.
- It is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to use SROI and its findings, and to undertake SROI analyses for themselves.
- It draws on the extensive SROI experience of a large team of SROI practitioners based at NEF and NEF Consulting. NEF co-wrote the Cabinet Office Guide to SROI.
- We offer a series of follow-up SROI Masterclasses to build the skills of practitioners.
- All attendees are offered half an hour of free post-training telephone consultancy to guide them through their first SROI analysis.
- Reduced rate consultancy packages are exclusively available to attendees.
Our upcoming training sessions are below. All sessions run from 9.30 to 17.00.
Two-Day Accredited SROI Training Dates
See our terms and conditions
The next 2-day training courses:
- 18-19 August 2015 – London. Book by 8 July to save £50
- 28-29 September 2015 – London. Book by 12 August to save £50
- 13-14 October 2015 – London. Book by 9 September to save £50
- 10-11 November 2015 – Manchester. Book by 10 October to save £50
- 8-9 December 2015 – London. Book by 7 November to save £50
Prices for SROI Training 2015*
SROI Training standard price £575
SROI Training registered charity discount £495
SROI Masterclass standard price £275
Early bird discount – save £50 (before VAT)
To claim this discount you must submit your booking form before the above deadlines for each course and payment must be received at least 7 days before the course date.
*All courses are subject to U.K. VAT
Fee includes refreshments and lunch on both days, as well as training materials.
Next dates to be confirmed.
This one-day workshop helps organisations measure their wider impact, looking beyond GVA and job numbers to measure other indicators of social and environmental impact such as knowledge, skills and wellbeing. Specifically, it will help local authorities and LEPs measure the social value generated by local business support programmes. Using the enterprise support service Outset as a case study, it is particularly relevant in in the lead up to the upcoming round of funding from the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth programme for England.
Business support programmes, particularly those aimed at helping individuals, play an important role in achieving some of the European Growth programme’s core thematic objectives, including promoting social inclusion, combating poverty, and investment in skills development and life long learning. However, the value that these programmes deliver in local communities is often more difficult to measure and quantify. NEF Consulting spent three months evaluating Outset, and in particular five of its key projects operating across the South West, to measure the broader social returns generated by the service.
The Outset service was established as a social enterprise by YTKO Group in 2009 to help stimulate economic development, financial and social inclusion through the creation of sustainable jobs and businesses. Offering a flexible and client-focused programme of workshops, mentoring and coaching, Outset empowers people to take charge of their lives and overcome barriers in order to create their own self-employment opportunities. For more information on the service, go to: www.outset.org
We also run bespoke training courses. If you would be interested in these, then please get in touch.
For more details on these training sessions or, if you have any questions on NEF Consulting‘s SROI training, please contact Laura Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 820 6361.
“I think many people at the HIN will benefit from this for their individual projects.”
Sally Lawton, Health Innovation Network, June 2015
“Good, clear and well presented.”
Fran Healy, Hebden Bridge Community Association, March 2015
“Excellent facilitator, engaging, approachable & super knowledgeable!”
Eira Winrow, Bangor University, February 2015
“Really brilliant course – Thank you!”
Kelly McInnes, Northern Star, December 2014
“Excellent, well delivered training that has exceeded my expectations.”
Karen Nolan, Blackpool Council, November 2014
“Very well constructed course, good flow. Trainer was controlled and excellent time management.”
Rachel Gilkes, Chutney for Change, November 2014
“Great delivery of course and lots of time invested to ensure participants had clear understanding”
Dawn Smail, Trafford Housing Trust, November 2014
“The SROI training proved to be very interesting enabling me to fit a few jigsaw pieces together from my previous yet limited knowledge of SROI” Marshada Chowdhury , Portsmouth City Council, October 2014
“Very thorough and detailed training” Rebecca Simpson ,Toynbee Hall, October 2014