NEF developed the SROI (Social Return on Investment) methodology in the UK and now NEF Consulting offers a wide range of SROI products, including a 2-day SROI training course and SROI Masterclasses.
Since we first started delivering SROI training in 2009 we have received 100% positive feedback. In 2012, 41% of participants rated our SROI training course as “Excellent”, while 52% stated the course was “Very Good” and the remaining 7% thought it was “Good”. In June 2013, 100% of participants said they would recommend the course to others.
“Excellent, well delivered training that has exceeded my expectations.”
Karen Nolan, Blackpool Council, November 2014
See our terms and conditions
About the course
- NEF Consulting’s SROI training is facilitated by two SROI practitioners, and counts towards accreditation as an SROI-network assured practitioner.
- It covers all the methodology and practice needed to carry out an SROI analysis. It combines a thorough understanding of the theoretical policy background to SROI and its long-term benefits, with a step-by-step guide to the SROI methodology backed up by a range of practical group exercises.
- It is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to use SROI and its findings, and to undertake SROI analyses for themselves.
- It draws on the extensive SROI experience of a large team of SROI practitioners based at NEF and NEF Consulting. NEF co-wrote the Cabinet Office Guide to SROI.
- We offer a series of follow-up SROI Masterclasses to build the skills of practitioners.
- All attendees are offered half an hour of free post-training telephone consultancy to guide them through their first SROI analysis.
- Reduced rate consultancy packages are exclusively available to attendees.
Our upcoming training sessions are below. All sessions run from 9.30 to 17.00.
During our office move, 30th March – 7th April 2015 our telephone system will be down for much of the time and we may have limited email access. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
From the 7th April our new address will be: 10 Salamanca Place, London, SE1 7HB
Two-Day Accredited SROI Training Dates
See our terms and conditions
The next training courses are:
- 24-25 March 2015 – Manchester.
- 14-15 April 2015 – London. Book by 6 March to save £50
- 19-20 May 2015 – London. Book by 3 April to save £50
- 23-24 June 2015- London. Book by 7 May to save £50
- 21-22 July 2015- Manchester. Book by 6th June to save £50
- 18-19 August 2015- London. Book by 8th July to save £50
- 15-16 September 2015- London. Book by 12th August to save £50
- 13-14 October 2015- London. Book by 9th September to save £50
- 10-11 November 2015- Manchester. Book by 10th October to save £50
- 8-9 December 2015- London. Book by 7th November to save £50
Prices for SROI Training 2015*
SROI Training standard price £575
SROI Training registered charity discount £495
SROI Masterclass standard price £275
Early bird discount – save £50 (before VAT)
To claim this discount you must submit your booking form before the above deadlines for each course and payment must be received at least 7 days before the course date.
*All courses are subject to U.K. VAT
Fee includes refreshments and lunch on both days, as well as training materials.
Next dates to be confirmed.
This one-day introduction to SROI focuses on how to assess the social value generated by local business support programmes. The workshop uses the enterprise support service, Outset, as a case study. It has been designed specifically to support local authorities and LEPs in the lead up to the upcoming round of funding from the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth programme for England.
Business support programmes, particularly those aimed at helping individuals, play an important role in achieving some of the European Growth programme’s core thematic objectives, including promoting social inclusion, combating poverty, and investment in skills development and life long learning. However, the value that these programmes deliver in local communities is often more difficult to measure and quantify. NEF Consulting spent three months evaluating Outset, and in particular five of its key projects operating across the South West, to measure the broader social returns generated by the service.
The Outset service was established as a social enterprise by YTKO Group in 2009 to help stimulate economic development, financial and social inclusion through the creation of sustainable jobs and businesses. Offering a flexible and client-focused programme of workshops, mentoring and coaching, Outset empowers people to take charge of their lives and overcome barriers in order to create their own self-employment opportunities. For more information on the service, go to: www.outset.org
Book here for the following dates:
London, 21 April
Price of this workshop: £295 + VAT (see the booking form for details)
We also run bespoke training courses. If you would be interested in these, then please get in touch.
For more details on these training sessions or, if you have any questions on NEF Consulting‘s SROI training, please contact Laura Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 820 6361.
“Excellent facilitator, engaging, approachable and super knowledgeable!”
Eira Winrow, Bangor University, February 2015
“Really brilliant course – Thank you!”
Kelly McInnes, Northern Star, December 2014
“Very well constructed course, good flow. Trainer was controlled and excellent time management.”
Rachel Gilkes, Chutney for Change, November 2014
“Great delivery of course and lots of time invested to ensure participants had clear understanding”
Dawn Smail, Trafford Housing Trust, November 2014
“The SROI training proved to be very interesting enabling me to fit a few jigsaw pieces together from my previous yet limited knowledge of SROI” Marshada Chowdhury , Portsmouth City Council, October 2014
“Very thorough and detailed training” Rebecca Simpson ,Toynbee Hall, October 2014
“It provided a comprehensive overview of SROI and enabled me to consider how to best apply this within my own organisation.”Angela Newton, Together: for mental wellbeing, July 2014
“All of my questions were answered” Liz Norris, Trafford Housing Trust, July 2014