Founded in 2008 and owned by New Economics Foundation, NEF Consulting helps organisations in the transition to a new economy.
We enable the new economy to emerge and succeed by evidencing interlinkages between society, the environment and the economy. We build capacity of others to think in new ways, to realise the value of their contribution towards shaping the new economy.
We enable organisations to flourish in the new economy by cutting through complexity to highlight the relationships between social, economic and environmental factors and organisational performance. We help to strengthen organisational performance by integrating a true sense of value into decision-making.
We help organisations to think differently about environmental and social impact, or how they collaborate, interact and make decisions.
We take organisations beyond where they can go alone, unleashing the potential of their people and helping them to become ready for the future.
Organisations who work with us:
- Develop an understanding of value for money that includes social and environmental outcomes alongside the economic costs and benefits.
- Integrate social, economic and environmental measurement into their culture to support the long-term sustainability of their activities and investments.
- Prove the value and improve the effectiveness of what they do.
- Understand and manage their impact on their own employees and on local and global communities.
We enable them to do this through:
- Analysis and strategic advice to private, public and third sector organisations – from charities, government and international development agencies to banks and property developers.
- Training on the use of tools and methodologies for monitoring, measuring and reporting on social return on investment (SROI), value for money (VFM) and more.
The New Economics Foundation is the UK’s only people-powered think tank. It works to build a new economy where people take real control of their own lives. They do this by:
- Working alongside people, community groups, activists and other organisations to build a movement for economic change.
- Producing quality, challenging research and new, creative thinking.
- Supporting practical, on the ground, projects that improve wellbeing and sustainability.
In its thirty year history, the New Economics Foundation has pioneered ideas and practices including: co-production, local money flow analysis, social return on investment, ethical investment and social auditing.
NEF Consulting draws on the Foundation’s tested research, specific instruments and influential personnel. We integrate wellbeing measurement and social valuation into the realm of cost-benefit analysis and hard economic evaluation.
NEF Consulting adapts the Foundation’s ideas, and applies innovative approaches to help a range of public, private and third sector organisations develop better outcomes metrics and make better decisions.